[isoc-ny] IGF-USA 2020 is Next week: Register ASAP!

ISOC-NY announcements announce at lists.isoc-ny.org
Tue Jul 14 11:17:00 PDT 2020

IGF-USA 2020
Register Now
<https://isoc-dc.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=358411e27b5e6aa5e77bfc9f2&id=62e25b8e8c&e=935e890920>

*When:* July 22-23, 2020

*Where: *Virtual Conference on Zoom w/ Livestream Available

On July 22 and 23, experts from civil society, industry, academia, and
government will meet virtually for the IGF-USA 2020 – the preeminent
conference on Internet governance in the United States.

During the COVID-19 crisis, the Internet has been essential to our lives in
ways that we didn’t envision just a few months ago. The pandemic shifted
entire sectors into online-only mode, including remote education for all
ages, telework across nearly all sectors, border-agnostic telehealth, and
all-virtual entertainment. This has demonstrated the immense value the
Internet brings to society, while raising awareness of the gaps and
concerns about the implications for privacy, security, and more.

The issues that we will discuss at the IGF-USA 2020 are more important than
ever and you can expect the high level of dialogue and exchange of ideas
around maximizing the benefits of the Internet and discussing solutions to
the issues. This year’s IGF-USA will feature discussions issues vital to
the expanded reliance on the Internet in nearly every aspect of our lives:

*Featuring Fireside Chat on 5G, Security, and IoT with:*

   - *Ajit Pai*, Chairman, Federal Communication Commission
   - *Chris Krebs, *Director, Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security
   Agency (CISA), Department of Homeland Security

*IGF-USA 2020 Session Topics:*

   - *Policy Debate on the Encrypted Internet and Lawful Access*
   <https://isoc-dc.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=358411e27b5e6aa5e77bfc9f2&id=6d9a2917f5&e=935e890920>
   - *Privacy in the Age of COVID-19: Public Health and Individual Rights*
   <https://isoc-dc.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=358411e27b5e6aa5e77bfc9f2&id=120ab29ffb&e=935e890920>
   - *Network Security and Cyber Attacks Users Don’t See (or Understand)*
   <https://isoc-dc.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=358411e27b5e6aa5e77bfc9f2&id=0516a2da3f&e=935e890920>
   - *Should Online Platforms Moderate and be Accountable for User-Created
   Content?*
   <https://isoc-dc.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=358411e27b5e6aa5e77bfc9f2&id=2000e2273b&e=935e890920>
   - *What does Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Big Data
   Mean for the Internet?*
   <https://isoc-dc.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=358411e27b5e6aa5e77bfc9f2&id=aa73092ba1&e=935e890920>
   - *5G, Security, and the Internet of Things*
   <https://isoc-dc.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=358411e27b5e6aa5e77bfc9f2&id=fea884b8d1&e=935e890920>
   - *Impact of COVID-19 on Learners and Educators*
   <https://isoc-dc.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=358411e27b5e6aa5e77bfc9f2&id=bef1dd2717&e=935e890920>
   - *Did America’s Tech Industry Deliver for Americans during the COVID
   Crisis?*
   <https://isoc-dc.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=358411e27b5e6aa5e77bfc9f2&id=33a73537eb&e=935e890920>
   - *What does the COVID Crisis Mean for Internet Governance?*
   <https://isoc-dc.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=358411e27b5e6aa5e77bfc9f2&id=11726cd408&e=935e890920>

Register Now
<https://isoc-dc.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=358411e27b5e6aa5e77bfc9f2&id=78ac904b78&e=935e890920>
[image: Twitter]