[isoc-ny] WEBCAST TODAY: Senate Commerce Committee NTIA Oversight Hearing

ISOC-NY announcements announce at lists.isoc-ny.org
Wed Jun 13 11:45:59 PDT 2018

 As many will know the NTIA recently send out a notice of inquiry
<https://www.ntia.doc.gov/blog/2018/ntia-looks-stakeholders-help-shape-its-international-agenda>
on
certain questions including multistakeholder processes, so I think we can
expect to Redl to punt on that one. As far as a rewind of the IANA
transition goes, his predecessor Larry Strickling recently had this to say
<https://youtu.be/jM15nrRTPZs>. I was able to record yesterday's Spectrum
Symposium and will run it out on the Internet Society Livestream Channel
<https://livestream.com/internetsociety/> at 5pm today.

​​

<https://i1.wp.com/isoc-ny.org/p2/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/NTIA.jpg>

[image: US Senate]Today *Wednesday Jun 13 2018* at 2:30pm (18:30 UTC)
the *Senate
Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
<http://www.commerce.senate.gov/>* will hold a hearing “*Oversight of the
National Telecommunications and Information Administration
<https://www.commerce.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/2018/6/committee-to-hold-hearing-examining-the-national-telecommunications-and-information-administration>*”
in Washington DC. This hearing will examine the Commerce Department’s
National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) and the
agency’s role in managing federal spectrum and representing U.S. interests
with the global internet multistakeholder community. Additionally, the
hearing will look at how NTIA is working to deliver a modern National
Broadband Map capable of providing better service availability data, along
with other major policy issues before NTIA. Sole witness is NTIA
administrator *David J. Redl*.

*Webcast: http://bit.ly/2JPmK4N <http://bit.ly/2JPmK4N>Witness
testimony: http://bit.ly/2JP7EfM
<http://bit.ly/2JP7EfM>Twitter: @SenateCommerce + @NTIAgov
<https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=%40SenateCommerce%20%40NTIAgov&src=typd>*

Comment <http://isoc-ny.org/p2/10320#respond>    See all comments
<http://isoc-ny.org/p2/10320#comments>

http://isoc-ny.org/p2/10320

--

Joly MacFie
President - Internet Society New York Chapter (ISOC-NY)