[isoc-ny] AUDIO: Internet Society’s Todd Tolbert on Data Privacy #GDPR

ISOC-NY announcements announce at lists.isoc-ny.org
Fri May 25 11:08:32 PDT 2018

 Happy GDPR Day! Here we have Todd Tolbert, the architect of ISOC's hard
line GDPR compliance, giving us insight into his thinking. His opening
description of the role of ISOC is something we should all rehearse.

​​

[image: Todd Tolbert]
<https://www.fusionspan.com/data-privacy-todd-m-tolbert/>On May 23 2018 *Todd
M. Tolbert <https://twitter.com/ToddMTolbert>*, the Chief Administrative
Officer at the *Internet Society <https://www.internetsociety.org/>*, joined
 *FusionSpan <https://www.fusionspan.com/>* for an episode of its *Non-Profit
Tech Podcast <https://www.fusionspan.com/data-privacy-todd-m-tolbert/>*,
hosted by Justin Burniske. The conversation touched on a range of topics
around data including the differences between data privacy and data
protection, common misconceptions on data privacy, and mistakes that
nonprofits and associations make related to data privacy. Todd also shares
some of the resources available for organizations that need help addressing
their own data issues. For example:

Online Trust Alliance’s* Online Trust Audit and Honor Roll
<https://otalliance.org/HonorRoll>*
Online Trust Alliance’s *Cyber Incident & Breach Response Resources
<https://otalliance.org/resources/cyber-incident-breach-response>*
American Society of Association Executives’ *GDPR Resources
<https://www.asaecenter.org/search#?q=gdpr>*
*International Association of Privacy Professionals <https://iapp.org/>*

*Download mp3
<https://media.blubrry.com/smallstaffbigimpact/p/www.fusionspan.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Data-Privacy-podcast_1.mp3>*

Comment <http://isoc-ny.org/p2/10246#respond>    See all comments
<http://isoc-ny.org/p2/10246#comments>

http://isoc-ny.org/p2/10246

--

Joly MacFie
President - Internet Society New York Chapter (ISOC-NY)