[isoc-ny] May 23: WikiWednesday Salon and Skill-Share NYC

ISOC-NY announcements announce at lists.isoc-ny.org
Wed May 23 10:19:34 PDT 2018

​Tonight! Whether experienced wikipedian or total newbie, these WikiWed
sessions are well worth attending.

Wednesday May 23, 7pm: WikiWednesday Salon and Skill-Share NYC
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/NYC/May-2018>

[image: Wikimedia NYC presentation - WikiPhotography at WikiWednesday July
2015 3 crop.jpg]
<https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Wikimedia_NYC_presentation_-_WikiPhotography_at_WikiWednesday_July_2015_3_crop.jpg>
[image: Wikimedia New York City logo.svg]
<https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Wikimedia_New_York_City_logo.svg>

You are invited to join the Wikimedia NYC
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/NYC/About> community for
our monthly "WikiWednesday" evening salon
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salon_(gathering)> (7-9pm) and
knowledge-sharing workshop at Babycastles <http://babycastles.com/> gallery
by 14th Street / Union Square
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_Square,_Manhattan> in Manhattan.

We will include a look at the organization and planning for our chapter,
and expanding volunteer roles for both regular Wikipedia editors and new
participants.

We will also follow up on plans for recent and upcoming edit-a-thons
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edit-a-thon>, museum and library projects,
education initiatives, and other outreach activities.

We welcome the participation of our friends from the Free Culture
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_culture_movement> movement and from all
educational and cultural institutions interested in developing free
knowledge projects.

After the main meeting, pizza/chicken/vegetables and refreshments and video
games in the gallery!

   - Wednesday May 23 *WikiWednesday Salon and Skill-Share NYC
   <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/NYC/May-2018> (RSVP on-wiki
   <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/NYC/May-2018#Sign_up> or at
   meetup.com <http://www.meetup.com/WikimediaNYC/>)*.

*7:00pm - 9:00 pm at Babycastles <http://babycastles.com/> gallery, 145
West 14th Street**(note the new address, a couple of doors down from the
former Babycastles location)*

We especially encourage folks to add your 5-minute lightning talks
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/NYC/May-2018#Lightning_talks>
 to our roster, and otherwise join in the "open space" experience!
Newcomers are very welcome! Bring your friends and colleagues! --Pharos
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Pharos> (talk
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Pharos>) 11:13 pm, Yesterday
(UTC−4)

*P.S. You are also invited to Action = History: Wikipedia Edit-a-thon for
Asian American Literature
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/NYC/2018-05_Action%3DHistory>
on
Sunday May 27!*

--

Joly MacFie
President - Internet Society New York Chapter (ISOC-NY)