[isoc-ny] WEBCAST TODAY: Kathy Brown keynote at MWC Shanghai

ISOC-NY announcements announce at lists.isoc-ny.org
Sun Dec 31 15:46:21 PST 2017

Number 6 of the 12 streams. We end the year with my favorite clip of 2017 -
those following along will know i used a piece of it on OneWebDay
<http://onewebday.org/>, Brief, to the point, cool, passionate, in your
face - it has a lot of things going for it. It clearly demonstrates the
unique voice the Internet Society brings to such proceedings, and why we
all are members. Enjoy!

joly posted: "On 29 June 2017, Internet Society President and CEO Kathy
Brown gave a keynote speech at the “Society and the Human Element” panel at
the Mobile World Congress in Shanghai. She talked about the role of the
telecom industry in achieving the United Nations "

[image: l] <https://livestream.com/internetsociety/mwcs17/>On *29 June 2017*,
*Internet Society <http://isoc.org/>* President and CEO *Kathy Brown* gave
a *keynote speech
<https://www.internetsociety.org/blog/2017/07/mwc-shanghai-keynote-bridging-the-connectivity-gap-video-and-text/>*
at the “*Society and the Human Element*” panel at the *Mobile World
Congress <https://www.mwcshanghai.com/>* in *Shanghai*. She talked about
the role of the telecom industry in achieving the *United Nations
Sustainable Development Goal 9 <https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/sdg9>*,
in particular by enabling* Community Networks
<https://www.internetsociety.org/issues/community-networks/>* in
underserved areas. The speech will be webcast at *7pm EST* (00:00 UTC)
today *December 31 2017* on the *Internet Society Livestream Channel
<https://livestream.com/internetsociety/mwcs17>*.

*View on Livestream: https://livestream.com/internetsociety/mwcs17
<https://livestream.com/internetsociety/mwcs17>*
*Twitter: @KathrynCBrown https://twitter.com/KathrynCBrown