[isoc-ny] WEBCAST TODAY: Internet Society Chapterthon 2017 Project Videos

ISOC-NY announcements announce at lists.isoc-ny.org
Sat Dec 30 18:43:52 PST 2017

No 5 in the 12 streams. Apologies. I was so busy juggling videos, titles
and captions on this one, I didn't have time to do a mail out! That's why
you should be subscribed to the Livestream Channel! It's worth taking the
time (90 mins) to watch all the videos. Amazing to see the breadth of
Chapter efforts to engage the youngest Internet users around the world.
Although ISOC Turkey deservedly won the popular vote, personally I liked
Kazakhstan's IoT Workshop. ISOC Sri Lanka has a crazy soundtrack. Special
kudos to ISOC Estonia for providing full English captioning for their
video. Any volunteers to transcribe ISOC Yemen?

The livestream below is also available on Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/InternetSociety/videos/10154888177078239/>.  All
individual videos are available on YouTube
<https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXCJAukq_OVFLAsmz3Hp0sBbtjSO6hVaP>.

[image: livestream] <https://livestream.com/internetsociety/chapterthon2017>
All *ISOC Chapters <https://www.internetsociety.org/chapters/>* could
participate in global Internet Society* Chapterthon 2017
<https://www.internetsociety.org/beyond-the-net/chapterthon/2017/>* with
the theme '*Digital Schools!*'. Chapters were challenged with developing a
project within a timeline and budget to achieve a common goal for the
development of education and the Internet. Once* the projects
<https://www.internetsociety.org/beyond-the-net/chapterthon/2017/projects/>*
were
finalized, a community vote decided the best project which received a prize.

This winner was the *Internet Society Turkey Chapte <http://isoc.org.tr/>r* for
the project *Coding Sisters
<https://www.internetsociety.org/blog/2017/12/chapterthon-2017-winner/>*,
which had the aim of optimizing the opportunities for girls to be involved
in STEM field.

*View on Livestream: https://livestream.com/internetsociety/chapterthon2017
<https://livestream.com/internetsociety/chapterthon2017>Twitter:
#shapetomorrow https://bit.ly/shapetomorrow <https://bit.ly/shapetomorrow>*

Comment <http://isoc-ny.org/p2/9743#respond>    See all comments
<http://isoc-ny.org/p2/9743#comments>

http://isoc-ny.org/p2/9743

--

Joly MacFie
President - Internet Society New York Chapter (ISOC-NY)