[isoc-ny] MEETUP TODAY: NYC Mesh – Building a community owned network

ISOC-NY announcements announce at lists.isoc-ny.org
Tue Jan 10 06:53:24 PST 2017

The social engineering of a community network is at least (if not more!) as
complex as the technical aspects. Creating an equitable and sustainable
entity is vital. It's a stimulating jourmey of discovery, which you can
join by participating in today's event!

joly posted: " Where: WeWork Chelsea, 115 West 18th Street, NYC When:
Tuesday, January 10, 2017, 6:30PM-8:30PM  (23:30 UTC) Monthly meetup from
our colleagues at NYC Mesh. as noted above, if you are going to attend in
person, you must RSVP via their meetup. We will "

*Where: WeWork Chelsea, 115 West 18th Street, NYC*
* When: Tuesday, January 10, 2017, 6:30PM-8:30PM  (23:30 UTC)*

Monthly meetup from our colleagues at *NYC Mesh* <https://nycmesh.net/>. as
noted above, if you are going to attend in person, you must RSVP via their
meetup. We will also enable remote participation via zoom.

*App: https://zoom.us/j/889447295 <https://zoom.us/j/889447295> Phone: 1
646 558 8656 <(646)%20558-8656> (US Toll)    Meeting ID: 889 447 295 *

*Please remember to mute your mic when joining the meeting.*

*You can register *here <https://www.meetup.com/isoc-ny/events/236816778/>*
to attend remotely*

* You must RSVP *here <https://www.meetup.com/nycmesh/events/236526844/> *to
come to the meeting in person.*

NYC Mesh writes:

*At this meetup we will focus on our defining aim- to build a community
owned network.*

*Over the past two years we have tried many different strategies, some
worked and others proved too difficult. We will discuss our successes and
how you can get involved and start building a network in your neighborhood.*

*Arrive at 6:30 for casual chat. Presentations start at 7pm. Presentations
by Brian, Lisa, Zach and RB.*

*Thanks to WeWork Chelsea for generously hosting this meetup! *

Comment <http://isoc-ny.org/p2/8885#respond>    See all comments
<http://isoc-ny.org/p2/8885#comments>

http://isoc-ny.org/p2/8885