[isoc-ny] gdnik

ISOC-NY announcements announce at lists.isoc-ny.org
Tue Dec 1 11:55:25 PST 2015

This Giving Tuesday, If You Can't Give Money, Give Time

View this email in your browser
<http://us9.campaign-archive1.com/?u=05584492eca58ea223a1b3d2e&id=f48b155221&e=bdf04c10f3>

/I'm forwarding this announcement from our good friend Nate Heasley.

As you can see, ISOC-NY has one of the several worthy projects currently
seeking assistance.

Please check them out and help if you can.

Thanks!

David/
Today is Giving Tuesday, which is a day that we take a step back from
the consumerism of the holiday season and reflect on the causes that are
important to us, and find a way to support them. For many, that means
making a donation to a charity, and we certainly support that. But other
people are not able to give money, and for those people we are
encouraging the idea of giving something else this year; /time/.

Goodnik <http://goodnik.net>is a skill-exchange platform that allows
people to help each other, and to get paid with an alternative currency
called goodnikels in exchange for their help. And this year, through our
partnership with Grassroots.org <http://grassroots.org>, we are giving
out thousands of goodnikels to non-profit organizations in the form of
“service grants” to help fund projects they need help with.

So here’s where you come in; *sign up for Goodnik
<http://goodnik.net>today and offer your services to one of the many
nonprofit organizations on the site*. If you don’t see a project that
matches your skills or interests, even just signing up is enough, since
more organizations and projects will be added in the next few months,
and you'll be notified when one matches your skills and interests.

Support Giving Tuesday today by signing up on Goodnik
<http://goodnik.net>. You’ll be committing to giving your time and
professional skills in the future (at some point that’s convenient to
you) to an organization and a cause you are passionate about. And that’s
the best kind of giving there is.

Below are a few examples of projects on Goodnik that need your help:

  Convert?align=faces&fit=crop&h=225&w=225

* Strategy Consultation <http://www.goodnik.net/projects/245>*
 posted by Jason Torreano
 Inkuluko
 We are, in the not too distant future, going to be launching a small
social enterprise in South Africa to support our NGO. We've received a
small start up grant from a foundation in upstate NY and would love to
have folks work with us to assist with giving this the best possible
chance for success. Though Inkululeko has been around for a few years,
we are literally starting this social enterprise (that we hope will, in
time, support Inkululeko) from the ground floor.

  Convert?align=faces&fit=crop&h=172&w=225

 *Legal **Consultation* <http://www.goodnik.net/projects/248>
 posted by David Solomnoff
 Internet Society NYC Chapter
 ISOC-NY is a 501c3 nonprofit in New York. We would like to be the
fiscal sponsors for groups that develop open technology for social good,
but don't have a legal corporate entity. We need legal help to do this.
Specifically we need someone who can guide us on how to set up such a
relationship, and develop a fiscal sponsorship agreement that we can use
with those organizations looking to be sponsored by ISOC. Finally, we'd
like guidance on how to make this a sustainable program that builds ISOC
as well as helping other organizations grow. The first group we would
like to sponsor is NYC Mesh, a group that is building a wireless
community network n lower Manhattan.

* Web Development Consultation <http://www.goodnik.net/projects/260>*
 posted by Mary Cicalese
 Susty Kids
 Susty Kids is a 100% volunteer-based non-profit that is looking for a
creative web-designer combined social media guru to help us continue to
tell our story of growth and hope for children living in East Palo Alto
California. Current Situation: We are currently using a highly
customized Word Press template that we cannot update (to newest version
of Word Press) without overlaying the customization. We own
sustygirl.org, sustykidsinc.org and sustykids.org and other domains.
Right now the hosted platform/site is under sustygirl.org and some of
the others point to it. We've been a bit hesitant to also add new
widgets/features as we are unclear if we will "break" something...

*How to Apply for a Service Grant*
If you're a nonprofit or social impact organization that needs help, you
can apply to get a service grant of your own. A service grant will give
you goodnikels that you can use to hire a professional to help you with
things like web development, marketing, graphic design, social media,
legal services or accounting. To apply for a service grant, fill out
this application at Goodnik.net <http://about.goodnik.net/grant/>. To
learn more about Goodnik, goodnkels and the concept of a
skills-exchange, visit about.goodnik.net <http://about.goodnik.net/>.

<http://www.twitter.com/>

<http://www.facebook.com>

<http://mailchimp.com>

/Copyright © 2015 Goodnik, All rights reserved./

You can update your preferences
<http://goodnik.us9.list-manage.com/profile?u=05584492eca58ea223a1b3d2e&id=7b16b1b73c&e=bdf04c10f3>
or unsubscribe from this list
<http://goodnik.us9.list-manage1.com/unsubscribe?u=05584492eca58ea223a1b3d2e&id=7b16b1b73c&e=bdf04c10f3&c=f48b155221>