[isoc-ny] Nepal Update

ISOC-NY announcements announce at lists.isoc-ny.org
Mon May 4 11:31:27 PDT 2015

set up https://www.internetsociety.org/form/donate-nepal to facilitate
donations to our Nepal Chapter in their efforts to resuscitate
communications in that stricken country. Please make a contribution, no
matter how small. It all helps.

  ReConnect Nepal
<http://connect.internetsociety.org/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread/?GroupId=31&MID=4784&tab=digestViewer>
    [image:
Joyce Dogniez] <http://connect.internetsociety.org/people/joyce-dogniez>   May
4, 2015 11:26 AM  Joyce Dogniez
<http://connect.internetsociety.org/people/joyce-dogniez>

Since last week, ISOC has provided information pages about the impact of
the earthquake in Nepal:
http://www.internetsociety.org/blog/chapters-members/2015/04/rebuilding-life-during-and-after-2015-earthquake-nepal

We wanted to let you know about an additional effort the Internet Society
is undertaking to support the people of Nepal as they work to rebuild
critical Internet and communication infrastructure.

To support the efforts of our Chapter in Nepal, ISOC is now raising funds
for to help ReConnect Nepal. See
https://www.internetsociety.org/form/donate-nepal, which is featured
prominently on the ISOC homepage.

This effort is unique in two ways:

First, we are installing this facility to request donations dedicated to
emergency efforts in restoring critical parts of the Internet in Nepal.

This is separate from the general ISOC Donate page (
https://www.internetsociety.org/form/donation ), the funds collected for
Nepal will be solely dedicated to rebuild infrastructure (both short-term
and long-term) in Nepal.

In the short-term, this will assist the population and the rescue efforts
alike. 100% of all contributions will go to restoring and improving the
Nepal Internet facilities.

Second, we will be working through our local Chapter, who is providing
information and assistance in assessing needs and getting power and
critical equipment to affected areas and who is coordinating these actions
with the appropriate local partners.

This effort will be monitored through Raul's Global Engagement team.

This is an example of the power of the Internet Society chapters.

Joyce

dogniez at isoc.org
Director of Chapters

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast