[isoc-ny] WEBCAST WEDNESDAY 6pm: Code for America asks How Do We Avoid the Next Healthcare.gov?

ISOC-NY announcements announce at lists.isoc-ny.org
Tue Apr 7 20:33:49 PDT 2015

Jen Pahlka leads the 16,000 strong Code for America corps of civic hackers,
now into their sixth year.  Based in San Franscisco we don't often see her
here in NYC. Tomorrow she will be in town to meet with top officials from
NYC and Boston, plus Steven Levy and Carl Malamud. And you can see it
happen live on the Internet Society's livestream,

   joly posted: "On Wednesday April 8 2015 Code for America presents How Do
We Avoid the Next Healthcare.gov? at Civic Hall in NYC. Five years after
she founded Code for America Jennifer Pahlka, along with a panel of
government technology leaders, will share successes, ch"

 [image: cfa_govtech] <https://livestream.com/internetsociety/cfa>On *Wednesday
April 8 2015* *Code for America <http://www.codeforamerica.org/>* presents*
How Do We Avoid the Next Healthcare.gov?
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/how-do-we-avoid-the-next-healthcaregov-tickets-16131622116>*
at Civic Hall in NYC. Five years after she founded Code for America
Jennifer Pahlka, along with a panel of government technology leaders, will
share successes, challenges, and opportunities in building government that
works in the 21st century. SPEAKERS: *Jen Pahlka*, Founder, Code for
America; *Steven Levy*, Editor in Chief, Backchannel; and author of
Hackers, In the Plex, and other books; *Amen Ra Mashariki*, Chief Analytics
Officer, City of New York; *Jascha Franklin-Hodge*, Chief Information
Officer, City of Boston; *Matthew Klein*, Executive Director, Center for
Economic Opportunity & Senior Advisor for Service Innovation, NYC Mayor's
Office of Operations; *Ariel Kennan*, Director, Innovation and Design, NYC
Mayor's Office of Operations;
*Carl Malamud*, President, Public.Resource.Org. The event will be webcast
live via the *Internet Society Livestream Channel
<https://livestream.com/internetsociety/cfa>*.

*What: How Do We Avoid the Next Healthcare.gov?
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/how-do-we-avoid-the-next-healthcaregov-tickets-16131622116>
Where: Civic Hall NYC When: Wednesday April 8 2015 6pm-8pm EDT |
22:00-00:00 UTC Webcast: https://livestream.com/internetsociety/cfa
<https://livestream.com/internetsociety/cfa> Twitter: @codeforamerica +
#govtech
<https://twitter.com/search?f=realtime&q=%40codeforamerica%20%23govtech>*