[x-pubpol] Putin orders Secret Services to fight freedom of speech on Internet

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Thu Feb 21 12:12:25 PST 2013

http://www.i-policy.org/2013/02/putin-orders-secret-services-to-fight-freedom-of-speech-on-internet-.html

The Russian FSB (former KGB) must "step up their efforts in fighting
"terrorism" and "extremism" in cyber space", Russian president Putin
said Thursday at t a meeting of the KGB. Putin ordered his Secret
Services to battle dissident ("extremist") groups both in real life
and in cyber space.

"The direct link between "extremists" and "terrorist" groups is
obvious. That is why we need to act as resolutely as possible to
neutralize different types of extremist structures," he said.

Putin also called for effective measures to counter attempts by
"radicals" to use the internet for their purposes.

"When neutralizing any kind of extremist structures with well-planned
special operations, we should act as resolutely as possible, and block
attempts by radicals to use information technologies, internet
resources and social networks for their propaganda. Nobody has a right
to speak on behalf of the entire country, especially those groups and
structures that rely on foreign funding for their existence," Putin
said.

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-929678

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com