[x-pubpol] Fwd: [Chapter-delegates] INET MADRID-July 5

Christine Runnegar runnegar at isoc.org
Fri Jun 29 05:57:42 PDT 2012

Hi all.

Something for Friday.

Frederic has very kindly asked me to participate in the INET Madrid next week - Intellectual Property Rights and the Internet: are they compatible?

So, with this in mind, I am inviting you to share any examples or ideas you might have regarding new/different approaches to content creation and distribution.

Perhaps, imagine that there was no such thing as copyright. What might be some of the incentives (financial and otherwise) for content creation and distribution? Would we see the same or different actors involved in the production and distribution chain? e.g. Would the multi-million dollar films still be produced?

Any other ideas are also most welcome.

p.s. I like pictures - they are a great way to illustrate a point

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Cristina

Begin forwarded message: