[x-pubpol] Why I signed ACTA

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Fri Feb 3 10:45:10 PST 2012

The Slovenian Ambassador to Japan explains why she signed ACTA and how she
values her decision today:

http://metinalista.si/why-i-signed-acta/

*I signed ACTA out of civic carelessness, because I did not pay enough
> attention. Quite simply, I did not clearly connect the agreement I had been
> instructed to sign with the agreement that, according to my own civic
> conviction, limits and withholds the freedom of engagement on the largest
> and most significant network in human history, and thus limits particularly
> the future of our children.*

*Let my example be a cautionary tale of how swiftly we can make mistakes if
> we allow ourselves to slip. And if nothing else, we then sleep very badly.
> *

* Boing Boing thread<http://boingboing.net/2012/02/03/slovenias-ambassador-apologi.html>

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com