[x-pubpol] US State Secretaries on new gTLDs

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Mon Apr 9 22:46:06 PDT 2012

Interesting aspect on gTLD nexus

http://www.icann.org/en/news/correspondence/chapman-to-beckstrom-30mar12-en

also

Letter from Delaware Department of State
<http://www.icann.org/en/news/correspondence/bullock-to-icann-20mar12-en>

 At least one applicant, <http://dotregistry.org/> seems to have
promised the restrictions the States are asking for:

"Dot Registry is committed to creating a secure Internet network for
registered US businesses and consumers. Through our new Top Level
Domain program consumers and businesses alike can be assured that
websites bearing our TLD string are legitimate registered US
companies." <http://dotregistry.org/about-us/>

Possible the state govts may have been made aware by an applicant(s)
and are responding to that.

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com