[x-pubpol] House Judiciary Committee Refuses To Hear Wider Tech Industry Concerns About SOPA

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Sat Nov 12 20:13:25 PST 2011

[via Lauren Weinstein]

http://j.mp/v8sfwh  (techdirt)

 "Today, we're hearing that the head of NetCoalition, who many people
  expected to represent the wider tech and internet industry's
  significant concerns about SOPA has been denied a seat at the
  hearings. This is the same group that has been requesting a seat at
  the negotiating table all along, and has been denied by the MPAA and
  its supporters. Basically, the decks are being stacked so far in favor
  of SOPA, that next week's hearing will be a total joke. We're even
  hearing rumors that it will now be 4 representatives in favor of SOPA,
  and no one who will represent the wider concerns of the internet
  industry that's about to be regulated. Instead, the committee is
  looking for someone who will only raise some specific narrow concerns
  about the bill."

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com