[x-pubpol] Users try to snare NZ Governmentt with own three strikes law

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Thu Aug 11 13:46:52 PDT 2011

I'm not sure they'll manage to get three strikes on the same ip, but it's
worth a try.

Some interesting stuff in the reddit thread, including contributions from
Green MP Gareth Hughes, who can be seen badgering the Minster of Commerce in
this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-96TCpcHfcM&

One comment raises an interesting technical point, too..

 Here is one hypothetical scenario.

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 4:21 PM, Keith Davidson <keith at keith.co.nz> wrote:

> All,
>
> An interesting update from NZ:
> www.itnews.com.au/News/266531,**users-try-to-snare-nz-govt-**
> with-own-three-strikes-law.**aspx<http://www.itnews.com.au/News/266531,users-try-to-snare-nz-govt-with-own-three-strikes-law.aspx>
>
> Users try to snare NZ Govt with own three strikes law.
>
> Cheers
>
> Keith
>

> "The Internet is for everyone"

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com