[x-pubpol] TPPA round in Chicago - any IP discussion planned?

Jordan Carter jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Tue Aug 16 21:20:59 PDT 2011

Hi everyone,

There is a round of negotiations for the Trans Pacific Partnership
Agreement coming up in Chicago USA next month, with a stakeholder day
on 10 September.

One of the big issues for InternetNZ is that the intellectual property
law chapter might try and impose very tough IP law requirements on us
(in excess of what the USA has internally).

Does anybody on this list know of any events?

We are considering sending my colleague, Policy Lead Susan Chalmers,
to the stakeholder day, but are interested in any other activities
under way.

best,
Jordan

--
Jordan Carter
Policy Advisor

Mobile: +64 21 442 649
Email: jordan at internetnz.net.nz | Skype: jordancarter
Web: www.internetnz.net.nz
Address: Level 9, Grand Arcade Tower, 16 Willis Street, Wellington
6011, New Zealand

To protect and promote the Internet for New Zealand.