[isoc-ny] WEBCAST JUN 28 – NYC Mesh Org Meetup

ISOC-NY announcements announce at lists.isoc-ny.org
Wed Jun 29 14:16:15 PDT 2022

Yes, this was yesterday. Setting up cameras etc left no time for email
reminders!

The first proper NYC Mesh meetup since feb 2020 included updates on the
remarkable progress achieved during the pandemic. Mainly  a couple of major
NYC public housing installs, and the establishment of a POP at 111 8th Ave,
the NYC home of Google. The latter gives the whole network much needed
backhaul redundancy, while the former has required the acquisition of fiber
skills, and even the first paid employees. The latter made possible by a
healthy financial state  = $300k+ in the bank. From early days as an
ISOC-NY project, launched in 2016 with a Beyond the Net $20k grant, they've
come a long way!

Here are links to the 3 slide decks
bit.ly/111_8th (Zach)
bit.ly/grandhub (Daniel)
bit.ly/MeshStatus2022 (Brian)

[image: isoc live] <http://https://isoc.live/15538>On *Tuesday June 28 2022*
at *7pm EDT* (23:00 UTC) *NYC Mesh <https://nycmesh.net/>* will hold its *June
2022 Org Meetup <https://www.meetup.com/nycmesh/events/sxvwvsydcjblc/>*.
The first such F2F in some time will take lace at the site of a large fiber
install in NYC's Lower East Side. There is a general theme of “*What the
Mesh means to me*” and “*What direction I would like to see the Mesh take*”.
There will be presentations & Q&A, before breakout sessions.

*AGENDA*

   - *Daniel Heredia* will be presenting about the Grand Street install.
   - *Zach Giles* will be talking about fiber leases, supernodes and our
   111 8th POP- an important new data center install.
   - *Brian Hall* will have a short status update and talk about focusing
   on full buildings installs.

The presentations will be webcast live by the *Internet Society New York
Chapter* <https://isoc-ny.org>.

*LIVESTREAM http://livestream.com/internetsocietynycmesh-jun2022
<http://livestream.com/internetsocietynycmesh-jun2022>*

*TWITTER @nycmesh <https://bit.ly/nycmesh/> #growinternet