[isoc-ny] WEBCAST TODAY: JavaScript NYC Meetup – Feb 2018

ISOC-NY announcements announce at lists.isoc-ny.org
Thu Feb 22 13:24:14 PST 2018

 Our 2nd go round livestreaming the NYC javascript posse, digging in at the
Microsoft Tech Center.. Kicks of 6:30pm ET (23;30 UTC)

<https://livestream.com/internetsociety/netneutrality18/edit>

[image: livestream] <https://livestream.com/internetsociety/js-nyc-feb18/>At
 *6:30pm EST* on *Thursday February 22 2018* the *Javascript NYC
<https://www.meetup.com/JS-NYC/>* monthly meetup will be held at the
Microsoft Tech Center in NYC. The *February 2018 meetup
<https://www.meetup.com/JS-NYC/events/246938509/>* features 3 presentations:

   - `*JS Conveniences*: Objects and functions sure are convenient, so
   convenient that we do many shortsighted things just because they’re easy.
   sometimes making it hard to understand your code. Learn ways to give
   confusing things names, focus on what’s important, and write nicer
code.*`Sam
   Jones <https://samljones.com/> *

   - *CorvoStore <https://github.com/corvostore>* is an open-source,
   Node.JS clone of the Redis speedy memory data structure store, with client
   and server modules downloadable via NPM. This talk will take a panoramic
   look at its implementation. *Peter_Reznick *

   - *NativeScript <https://www.nativescript.org/>* is a cross-platform
   mobile application framework. This talk will cover specific strategies
   developers can use to add Machine Learning functionalities to iOS and
   Android apps with simple JavaScript code in a single code-base.`
   *Ignacio_Fuentes*

The meetup will be webcast live via the *Internet Society Livestream
Channel <https://livestream.com/internetsociety/js-nyc-feb18/>*.

*View on Livestream: https://livestream.com/internetsociety/js-nyc-feb18/
<https://livestream.com/internetsociety/js-nyc-feb18/>*

Comment <http://isoc-ny.org/p2/9940#respond>    See all comments
<http://isoc-ny.org/p2/9940#comments>

​http://isoc-ny.org/p2/9940​
<https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/%E2%80%8Bhttp://isoc-ny.org/p2/9940%E2%80%8B>

​​

--

Joly MacFie
President - Internet Society New York Chapter (ISOC-NY)