[isoc-ny] WEBCAST TODAY: IoT NY #51 – Industrial #IoT in Manufacturing

ISOC-NY announcements announce at lists.isoc-ny.org
Fri Feb 16 01:24:30 PST 2018

 There is often talk of the economic benefits of the Internet. Quietly,
away from the spotlight, technologies such as those demo'd here are major
drivers.

<https://livestream.com/internetsociety/netneutrality18/edit>

[image: livestream]
<https://livestream.com/internetsociety/iotny51>Today, *Friday
February 16 2018* at *11am* ET (14:00 UTC) the *Internet Society Livestream
Channel <https://livestream.com/internetsociety/iotny51>* will webcast an
edited recording of last Tuesday’s *Internet of Things (IoT) NY
<https://www.meetup.com/IoT-NY>* meetup, held in conjunction with the*
Time-Series
Data NY <https://www.meetup.com/time-series-data-new-york/>* meetup
featuring presentations from two fast growing companies in the field of* IoT
in Manufacturing <https://www.meetup.com/IoT-NY/events/247327889/>*.
Nowadays our products are almost always assembled by machine: plastic
extruders, sheet metal stampers, textile spinning machines, robotic arms
programmed for specific tasks. The machines and equipment vary, depending
on the product being made, with the manufacturing processes overseen by
humans. Until recently, the performance parameters of the machines (e.g.,
pressure, humidity, moisture, temperature, rotational speed) have been
largely invisible to us. In other words, we need to capture data.
Consequently, the efficiency of our processes is jeopardized by the fact
that we don’t know what is happening at all times along our assembly lines.
In other words, we don’t capture data at all or if we do, we don’t put it
to actionable use. This is why manufacturing is one of IoT’s biggest
markets. With the right data collection, processing, storage and analytics
solution in place, companies can save hundreds of thousands if not millions
of dollars through process optimization, maximizing resource efficiency
and, ultimately, increasing productivity. Speakers: *Eric Fogg*, COO &
Founder, *MachineMetrics <https://www.machinemetrics.com/>*; *Devon
Peticolas*, Data Engineer *Oden Technologies <https://oden.io/>* –

*View on Livestream*: https://livestream.com/internetsociety/iotny51 (No
captions)
*Facebook simulcast*: https://www.facebook.com/isocny/
*Twitter*: #iotny http://bit.ly/iotnytweets
Share this:

Comment <http://isoc-ny.org/p2/9915#respond>    See all comments
<http://isoc-ny.org/p2/9915#comments>

​http://isoc-ny.org/p2/9915​
<https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/%E2%80%8Bhttp://isoc-ny.org/p2/9915%E2%80%8B>

​​

--

Joly MacFie
President - Internet Society New York Chapter (ISOC-NY)