[isoc-ny] WEBCAST TODAY: @SiliconHarlem Next-Generation Tech Conference – Community Forward

ISOC-NY announcements announce at lists.isoc-ny.org
Fri Oct 27 03:35:37 PDT 2017

Uptown top ranking, as always.

​​

[image: livestream]
<https://livestream.com/internetsociety/shfwd17>Today, *Friday
October 27 2017* *Silicon Harlem* <http://www.siliconharlem.net/> will hold
its 4th annual Next-Generation Tech conference. This year the theme is
*Community
Forward*
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/silicon-harlem-conference-2017-tickets-36280307376>.
Speakers including NYC CTO *Miguel Gamiño*, FCC Commissioner *Mignon
Clyburn*, Manhattan Borough President *Gale Brewer*, & NYC Mesh's *Brian
Hall* will examine questions like: What would it take for Upper Manhattan
to serve as a model of “smart city” corridors of the future while providing
a pipeline of fresh talent for 21st-century jobs? How will digital-first
businesses thrive in the innovation economy? What is technology’s role in
moving communities forward, as mobile and social solutions become pervasive
in so many aspects of our lives? Where are the opportunities for meaningful
cross-sector collaboration, with results that demonstrate sustainable and
positive impacts on our communities? The event will be webcast live on
the *Internet
Society livestream channels
<https://livestream.com/internetsociety/shfwd17>*.

*What: Silicon Harlem Conference – Broadband MattersWhere: Silberman School
of Social Work, NYCWhen: Friday October 27 2017 9am-6:30pm EDT |
13:00-22:30 UTCAgenda: http://www.siliconharlem.net/events/
<http://www.siliconharlem.net/events/>Webcast: (Aud + Rm
217) https://livestream.com/internetsociety/shfwd17
<https://livestream.com/internetsociety/shfwd17>(Rm
220) https://livestream.com/internetsociety2/shfwd17
<https://livestream.com/internetsociety2/shfwd17>Twitter:
#shfwd17 http://bit.ly/shfwd17 <http://bit.ly/shfwd17>*

Comment <http://isoc-ny.org/p2/9515#respond>    See all comments
<http://isoc-ny.org/p2/9515#comments>

http://isoc-ny.org/p2/9515

​​

--

Joly MacFie
President - Internet Society New York Chapter (ISOC-NY)