[isoc-ny] Meeting Invitation / NARALO Orientation Call today Weds 4pm EDT

ISOC-NY announcements announce at lists.isoc-ny.org
Wed Sep 6 03:25:40 PDT 2017

​The good news is that ISOC-NY member Avri Doria has been selected by the
ICANN NomCom to serve on the ICANN Board
<https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/board-of-directors>, I'm not
absolutely sure, but her term may start as early as the AGM in Abu Dhabi,
Nov 3 2017.

The bad news is that, from that date, she will no longer be able to serve
as ISOC-NY's alternative rep in our role as an ICANN At-Large Structure..​
So we will need a replacement in that role. (I, Joly, currently serve as
the prime rep).

It essentially entails being involved in NARALO, i.e. being on the
NA-Discuss list, and attending a monthly call. There are further
opportunities to travel to ICANN meetings via fellowships, other meetings
via the CROPP system, participate is Working Groups.etc.
More info:
 http://www.naralo.org

Why I mention this is that today Wednesday at 4pm ET there is a general
info session. Anyone interested in applying for the position would gain a
good understanding of what's involved by attending. The session will be
recorded. AFAIK it will have CART captioning.

Also, apart from representing ISOC-NY, it is also possible to join NARALO
in an individual capacity. *Applicants should be resident in North America.*

If interested, please RSVP to ICANN at staff at atlarge.icann.org and ISOC-NY
at admin at isoc-ny.org
​ and join the call via the info below​.

​==========================================​

Dear All,

Further to the Doodle poll, the *NARALO ALS and Individual Orientation* Call
is scheduled on *Wednesday, 06 September 2017 from 20:00 UTC to 21:30 UTC.*

*The ALAC Chair, NARALO Leadership and At-Large Staff welcome the
opportunity to introduce themselves and engage you further within NARALO.*

For other times: *https://tinyurl.com/yclgs5r2
<https://tinyurl.com/yclgs5r2> *

The agenda and call details are available at:
*https://community.icann.org/x/TiEhB
<https://community.icann.org/x/TiEhB>*

Conference IDs:

*EN: 1638*

*FR: 1838*

Adobe Connect Room: *https://participate.icann.org/naralo/
<https://participate.icann.org/naralo/> *

​
If you require a dial-out please contact At-Large staff at
staff at atlarge.icann.org with your preferred number.​
​

------

--

Joly MacFie
President - Internet Society New York Chapter (ISOC-NY)