[isoc-ny] ISOC Global Chapter Marathon: Digital Schools - call for teams.

ISOC-NY announcements announce at lists.isoc-ny.org
Mon May 8 20:43:32 PDT 2017

​Further to this, I queried chapter-support on the exact procedure. Like,
do we have to have teams ready before confirming by May 16? Here is the
response:

 if your chapter confirms the participation , we will send an email to your
members to invite members to send proposals to your Chapter board , after
that , you decide which project (from the received) will represent you in
the marathon. Below the whole process :

HOW WILL THE COMPETITION WORK

   1. Each Chapter should notify ISOC on their interest to participate by
   writing the Chapter name on this form: https://www.surveymonkey.com/
   r/59SPXF5 . *Deadline May 16th*
   2. Once the Chapter confirms their participation, ISOC will send
   individual emails to all Chapter members to invite them to send proposals
   to the board. *Deadline : July 10th*
   3. Chapter members will send proposals to the Chapter Boards
   4. Chapter Board will do a screening of the projects and select a *unique
   project* that will represent them in the competition. *Deadline : July
   31st*
   5. Chapter Board will notify participants about the resolution. *Deadline
   : July 31st*
   6. Winning proposals will apply to zoom grants for funds. Each Chapter
   will receive $2000 to develop the project. Money will be wired to
the *Chapter
   only*. Once the Chapter gets the money, they will wire it to the
   developers of the project.  *Deadline: September 15th*
   7. ISOC will evaluate, approve and send funds to the Chapters.
*Deadline: Oct
   15th*
   8. The developers of the project will have a range of 1.5 months to
   develop the project. From October 15 to November 30th. *Deadline: Nov
   30th. **Projects that do not fulfill this timeline will not be eligible
   for the final competition and prize.*
   9. Once the project is finished, developers should send a video and
   reports of the project according to the requirements described in the web
   page. *Deadline: Dec 7th.*
   10. ISOC will upload videos and send a voting link to the community
   11. ISOC will announce the winner of the competition. The winner will
   get $3000 that will be wired to Chapter account.

So,
​ I will just go ahead and confirm
. Members should expect a further email in a couple of weeks inviting
participation.  But you don't have to wait for that to get started. In fact
the earlier the better! We do have an isoc-ny slack available.
 .​