[isoc-ny] WEBCAST TONIGHT: Tales from the Trenches: Stories of NYC Community Networks

ISOC-NY announcements announce at lists.isoc-ny.org
Tue Mar 21 13:05:45 PDT 2017

We still do have plenty of room in the house  so, if in the area, you can
just show up. Webcast info is below.

Tonight *Tuesday March 21 2017* at *6:30pm* EDT the *Internet Society New
York Chapter <https://isoc-ny.org/>* (ISOC-NY) will host a meetup – *Tales
from the Trenches: Stories of NYC Community Networks
<https://www.meetup.com/isoc-ny/events/238393792/>* – at *RISE New York*.
ISOC-NY is pleased to be the fiscal sponsor of *NYC Mesh
<http://nycmesh.net/>*, a fast-growing Community Network that is providing
an open alternative to traditional ISPs in NYC. It is driven by a mostly
youthful cadre of keen hacktivists, who are learning as they go. It has
been said that if we don’t remember our mistakes we are condemned to repeat
them. With that in mind, and also to celebrate their successes, we have
invited some pioneers of NYC community networks to visit and share their
accumulated wisdom. SPEAKERS: *Charles Rawls* – Dorsai Embassy; *Bruce
Lincoln* – Silicon Harlem; *Dana Spiegel* – NYCwireless; *Tony Schloss* –
Red Hook Initiative. There are still seats available RSVP below.. The event
will be webcast on the *Internet Society Livestream Channel
<https://livestream.com/internetsociety/trenches/>*.

*What: Tales from the Trenches: Stories of NYC Community Networks
<https://www.meetup.com/isoc-ny/events/238393792/>*
*Where: RISE New York, 43 W 23rd St, NYC*
*When: Tuesday March 21 2017 6:30pm-9pm*
*Webcast*: https://livestream.com/internetsociety/trenches/
*RSVP: https://www.meetup.com/isoc-ny/events/238393792/
<https://www.meetup.com/isoc-ny/events/238393792/>*
*Twitter: @isocny <https://twitter.com/isocny>*