[isoc-ny] WEBCASTS TODAY: Senate Dems defend #netneutrality while Berkman Klein discusses the right to Internet

ISOC-NY announcements announce at lists.isoc-ny.org
Wed Feb 8 09:02:05 PST 2017

​Followup from Sam Gustin on pro-NN activism

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/heres-how-net-neutrality-advocates-will-fight-trumps-fcc

"Donald Trump is going to have to pry net neutrality from my cold dead
hands," said Winnie Wong, a leading political organizer and co-author of
the Women's March on Washington unity principles. "We will organize huge
numbers of people to turn out in the streets to protect the open internet."

For Wong, net neutrality means more than just commerce or inside-baseball
DC intrigue. It's about free speech and the ability to reach her colleagues
and constituents online to coordinate the movement of movements, and the
delegation of distributed direct action across the country and around the
world.

"The architects of the internet and the defenders of net neutrality are the
people who have created the conditions that allow progressive activists to
organize and build our networks of opposition to Trump at scale," Wong told
Motherboard. "We will fight to defend the open internet."
​

--

Joly MacFie
President - Internet Society New York Chapter (ISOC-NY)