[isoc-ny] VIDEO: US Communications at a Crossroads – Susan Crawford talks to Tom Wheeler.

ISOC-NY announcements announce at lists.isoc-ny.org
Fri Jan 27 18:50:34 PST 2017

One more from last week! Many were surprised
<http://business.time.com/2013/04/16/tom-wheeler-former-lobbyist-and-obama-loyalist-seen-as-fcc-frontrunner/>
when, back in April 2013, Susan Crawford endorsed former Cable lobbyist Tom
Wheeler for FCC Chair. As it turns out, he did prove himself in the job to
be a staunch champion of the Open Internet. As he put it in his WaPo exit
interview
<https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2017/01/18/i-dont-intend-to-go-crawl-under-a-rock-an-exit-interview-with-fcc-chairman-tom-wheeler/?utm_term=.1dd17071935b>
"First
of all, those people who expected me to act differently really didn't
understand me. Because I've spent my entire professional life representing
the insurgent against the incumbent."

joly posted: "On Tuesday January 24 2017 the Berkman Klein Center for
Internet & Society presented US Communications at a Crossroads at Harvard
Law School. Professor Susan Crawford talked to outgoing Chair of the
Federal Communications Commission Tom Wheeler about "

<https://cyber.harvard.edu/>On *Tuesday January 24 2017* the *Berkman Klein
Center for Internet & Society* <https://cyber.harvard.edu/> presented *US
Communications at a Crossroads
<https://cyber.harvard.edu/events/luncheons/2017/01/Wheeler>* at Harvard
Law School. Professor *Susan Crawford* talked to outgoing Chair of the
Federal Communications Commission *Tom Wheeler* about his work at the FCC,
and where telecommunications might go under the next administration. Video
is below:

*View on YouTube*: https://youtu.be/9s_EpWjPKwM

Comment <http://isoc-ny.org/p2/8940#respond>    See all comments
<http://isoc-ny.org/p2/8940#comments>