[isoc-ny] Internet Society North America Updates – January 2017

ISOC-NY announcements announce at lists.isoc-ny.org
Mon Jan 16 10:19:49 PST 2017

A welcome to 2017 from our regional top brass! Click through for more.
Follow him at @isoc_na <https://twitter.com/ISOC_NA> and @markbuell
<https://twitter.com/MarkBuell>

joly posted: "Mark Buell, Regional Bureau Director, North America, Internet
Society writes: 2017 promises to be a big year for the Internet and
technology, with both great promise and great challenges ahead. 2016
brought some unexpected developments in the political r"

*[image: Mark Buell]
<https://www.internetsociety.org/who-we-are/staff/mark-buell/>Mark Buell,
Regional Bureau Director, North America, Internet Society writes*:

2017 promises to be a big year for the Internet and technology, with both
great promise and great challenges ahead. 2016 brought some unexpected
developments in the political realm, and the consequences for the Internet
are only beginning to be felt across North America and the rest of the
world.

This year also marks an important milestone for the Internet Society. In
2017, we will be celebrating ISOC’s 25th anniversary of championing an open
and secure Internet for everyone. We have a number of activities planned
<https://www.internetsociety.org/blog/institutional/2017/01/2017-internet-societys-25th-anniversary-year>,
and look forward to continuing to work with all of you as we look forward
to the next 25 years.

Whatever 2017 brings, the Internet Society will continue to advocate for
policies and develop our own programs which support an open, accessible and
multi-stakeholder-led model of Internet governance and expand access to
more individuals and communities throughout North America and worldwide.
Particularly on our radar in in North America for the new year will be
issues surrounding cybersecurity and the Internet of Things, access and
evolving Internet policies, but we will remain responsive to new
developments as they occur.
Read more of this post <http://isoc-ny.org/p2/8915#more-8915>

Comment <http://isoc-ny.org/p2/8915#respond>    See all comments
<http://isoc-ny.org/p2/8915#comments>

​​
http://isoc-ny.org/p2/8915

--
<http://isoc-ny.org/p2/8915>
<http://isoc-ny.org/p2/8915>

Joly MacFie
President - Internet Society New York Chapter (ISOC-NY)
<http://isoc-ny.org/p2/8915>
<http://isoc-ny.org/p2/8915>http://isoc-ny.org          218 565 9365