[isoc-ny] Fwd: [New post] WEBCAST TODAY: “…And He Will Be Our Brother” #Syria Medical Benefit Concert @sams_usa

ISOC-NY announcements announce at lists.isoc-ny.org
Tue Nov 29 12:02:22 PST 2016

A non-Internet related event. But none of us can ignore the humanitarian
crisis going on in Aleppo right now. If you are in NYC you can attend in
person. Admission is free. Donations are via the fb page at
*​https://www.facebook.com/SyrianAmericanMedicalSociety/
<https://www.facebook.com/SyrianAmericanMedicalSociety/>*

joly posted: "Today Tuesday November 29 2016 at 7:30pm the Syrian American
Medical Society Foundation (SAMS) will hold “…And He Will Be Our Brother” -
a jazz concert to benefit with the aim of raising funds that will help SAMS
to continue their work of providing medica"

[image: Livestream] <https://livestream.com/internetsociety3>Today *Tuesday
November 29 2016* at *7:30pm* the *Syrian American Medical Society
Foundation <https://www.facebook.com/SyrianAmericanMedicalSociety/>* (SAMS)
will hold *“…And He Will Be Our Brother”
<https://www.facebook.com/events/104608563353194/>* - a jazz concert to
benefit with the aim of raising funds that will help SAMS to continue their
work of providing medical care, supplies and training to doctors in Syrian
conflict zones, as well as to lead projects that will strengthen and
protect hospitals from future attacks. Musicians playing include *Edmar
Castañeda*, *Jeff 'Tain' Watts*, *Kevin Hays*, *Gregoire Maret*, *John
Ellis*, *Matt Clohesy*, *Magos Herrera*, *Vitor Gonçalves*, *Rogerio
Boccato* and the *Asaran Earth Trio*. The concert's title (“…And He Will Be
Our Brother”) was inspired by a letter of a 6-year old American boy to
President Barack Obama. In the letter, the little boy asked to welcome *Omran
Daqneesh*, the 5-year-old Syrian boy from Aleppo- whose image sitting in an
ambulance covered in blood and dust shocked the world- into his home in the
U.S. "We will give him a family, and he will be our brother", he said.
The *Internet
Society New York Chapter <http://isoc-ny.org>* will sponsor the live
webcast of this event on the *Internet Society Livestream Channel*.
<https://livestream.com/internetsociety3/sams>

*What: “…And He Will Be Our Brother”
<https://www.facebook.com/events/104608563353194/> Where: St Peter's
Church, 619 Lexington Ave NYC When: Tuesday November 29 2016 7:30pm-9:30pm
EST | 00:30-02:30 UTC (Nov 30) Webcast:
https://livestream.com/internetsociety3/sams
<https://livestream.com/internetsociety3/sams> Twitter: @sams_usa
http://bit.ly/2fxBNBY <http://bit.ly/2fxBNBY> DONATE! - *
<https://www.facebook.com/SyrianAmericanMedicalSociety/>
*​​* <https://www.facebook.com/SyrianAmericanMedicalSociety/>
*https://www.facebook.com/SyrianAmericanMedicalSociety/*
<https://www.facebook.com/SyrianAmericanMedicalSociety/>

Comment <http://isoc-ny.org/p2/8835#respond>    See all comments
<http://isoc-ny.org/p2/8835#comments>

http://isoc-ny.org/p2/8835

​​

--

Joly MacFie
President - Internet Society New York Chapter (ISOC-NY)