[isoc-ny] MEETUP WEDNESDAY: @InternetSociety #iComm2016 Global Member Meeting New York node @CivicHall

ISOC-NY announcements announce at lists.isoc-ny.org
Mon Sep 19 02:31:50 PDT 2016

If you are an ISOC member you should have received a steady stream of
notices about InterCommunity 2016 this Wednesday. This is the biggest
global gathering ever! Everybody should make a point of joining online at
2pm EDT on Weds (or earlier depending on your timezone). A few of us will
be manning the NYC node at Civic Hall, and there are still something like 8
seats available for that. So, don't be shy, sign up and come on down!

joly posted: "Next Wednesday September 21 2016 the Internet Society will be
holding InterCommunity2016 - the second online meeting of our entire 80k+
global members. Sessions will be staggered according to time zones, session
3 will be optimally timed for participation"

[image: iComm2016] <https://icomm16.internetsociety.org/>Next *Wednesday
September 21 2016* the* Internet Society <http://InternetSociety.org>* will
be holding* InterCommunity2016 <https://icomm16.internetsociety.org/>* -
the second online meeting of our entire 80k+ global members. Sessions will
be staggered according to time zones, *session 3* will be optimally timed
for participation in the Western Hemisphere. ISOC-NY will be one of several
Chapters setting up "nodes" (= remote hubs) to participate. We will
meet at *Civic
Hall starting at 11:45am*, and the session will run *12:30pm-4pm*. We are
honoured to be joined in person by ISOC's Senior Director of Internet
Leadership *Toral Cowieson*, who will address the global meeting via our
node. Space is limited but *all ISOC NY members* are invited to attend.
Please* register via our meetup
<https://www.meetup.com/isoc-ny/events/234096480//>*. It is also possible
to individually *participate remotely*
<https://icomm16.internetsociety.org/> in the Global Meeting from 2pm-4pm..

*What: InterCommunity 2016 Global Member Meeting New York node Where: Civic
Hall, 156 5th Ave, NYC 10010 When: Wednesday September 21 2016 11:45am-4pm
Agenda: 11:45am: Doors open 12:00p - 2:00p: North America Regional Session
2:00p - 4:00p: Global Session Register (in
person): https://www.meetup.com/isoc-ny/events/234096480/
<https://www.meetup.com/isoc-ny/events/234096480/> Register (remote):
https://icomm16.internetsociety.org/ <https://icomm16.internetsociety.org/>
Twitter: #iComm2016
<https://twitter.com/search?q=%23icomm16&src=typd&vertical=default&f=tweets>
Facebook: #iComm2016 <http://facebook.com/hashtag/iComm2016>*

Comment <http://isoc-ny.org/p2/8655#respond>    See all comments
<http://isoc-ny.org/p2/8655#comments>

http://isoc-ny.org/p2/8655

<http://isoc-ny.org/p2/8655>

​
<http://isoc-ny.org/p2/8655>

Joly MacFie
President - Internet Society New York Chapter (ISOC-NY)
http://isoc-ny.org          218 565 9365
​