[isoc-ny] UPCOMING ISOC-NY MEETUPS

ISOC-NY announcements announce at lists.isoc-ny.org
Wed Jul 13 04:46:28 PDT 2016

We have two new meetup events:

*Saturday 16 July 2016 11:30am - Meet with Ariful Hasan Opu from Bangla
Desh*

Ariful Hasan Opu is an ISOC-NY member since 2010, living in Bangla Desh,
where he runs a medical web portal http://doctorsbd.com/ He is an active
mentor in the local tech scene and has won numerous awards. He has written
saying he will be in NYC on Saturday 16 July and would very much like to
meet with any of his fellow ISOC-NY members who might be available. So this
is possibly a brunch, or just a hangout, to be determined by participants.
Please indicate interest, if any, and we'll firm it up on Friday. This will
be in the midtown area. Read more about Ariful on
http://www.arifulhasan.com/

http://www.meetup.com/isoc-ny/events/232584644/

*Thursday 20 July 2016 5pm - Digital Privacy Meetup*

​ISOC-NY will be hosting a Digital Privacy meetup with Civic Hall, from 5pm
- 7pm on July 20th. We’ll be helping end-users understand privacy and
surveillance issues, ways to protect ourselves, how to change our mindset
going forward, with a presentation from a privacy expert. Silent Pocket is
generously sponsoring some RFID blocking giveaways and raffles. Come for
some drinks, food, networking and learn how to secure your privacy!

http://www.meetup.com/isoc-ny/events/232569111/

--
<http://www.meetup.com/isoc-ny/events/232569111/>
Joly MacFie