[isoc-ny] ISOC-NY President Resigns

ISOC-NY announcements announce at lists.isoc-ny.org
Tue Apr 5 02:19:17 PDT 2016

Effective Monday, 4/11 I will resign my position as President of the New
York Chapter of the Internet Society.

I put all my time and financial resources as a full-time, unpaid
volunteer into developing the Chapter and more broadly, the cause of
open technology for social good, over the last three years.

That proved not to be sustainable - I've completely run out of financial
resources and can no longer make the time commitment.

ISOC-NY EVP Grace Wang and SVP Carolina Coto will jointly assume
leadership until a new election can be held. I will help them in every
way I can.

I would like to have a final Board meeting as President at Civic Hall on
Friday, 4/8 or Sunday, 4/10.

I will also be pursuing several commercial ventures and can be be
reached at david.solomonoff at zoeticnetworks.com to discuss partnership
opportunities.

Thanks to everyone for all their support over the 11 years I've been
President, as we went from being an inactive Chapter to one of the most
vital.

Regards,

David

--