[isoc-ny] NYC Don't Break Our Phones Rally - Tuesday 5pm - Apple Store

ISOC-NY announcements announce at lists.isoc-ny.org
Mon Feb 22 12:33:06 PST 2016

David Moore ​writes:

This *Tuesday, Feb. 23rd, at 5pm*, feel free to join me at the *5th Ave.
Apple Store* for a *privacy & security rally*:
​ ​
https://www.dontbreakourphones.org/ - it’s organized by a coalition of
civil liberties groups,  supporting Apple’s decision on user privacy vs.
the FBI’s precedent-seeking actions,  with that hub website put together by
my sibling non-profit Fight For the Future.

 (There’s been lots of coverage of this in Civicist, and actually it’s been
a hot topic for callers to WNYC's Brian Lehrer show here in the tri-state
region, but just for one articulation of what’s at stake with this
precedent, Julian Sanchez:
http://time.com/4229601/real-reason-apple-is-fighting-the-fbi/
​ )​

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast