[isoc-ny] JOB: Spring 2016 NYC area adjunct opportunity

ISOC-NY announcements announce at lists.isoc-ny.org
Fri Oct 30 07:13:28 PDT 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Andrew Russell <arussell at stevens.edu>
Date: Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 9:15 AM

Dear colleagues -

I’m writing because we’re looking for an adjunct at Stevens for spring
2016, to teach 2 sections of a course called “Computers & Society.”  The
course topics and readings can be quite flexible, but usually consist of
some computer history, ICT policy debates, computer and media culture, and
ethical and societal aspects of the computing professions.

If you or someone you know in the NYC area might be willing to teach this
class in Spring 2016, or would like more details, please let me know (
arussell at stevens.edu). Both sections are already scheduled.  One section
runs on Wednesdays from 9-11:30 am, and the other on Thursdays from 3:30-6
pm.  Both are capped at 24 students.

For those unfamiliar with Stevens Institute of Technology, we’re located in
Hoboken, NJ, directly across the Hudson from Chelsea in Manhattan, easily
accessible by bus, train, and ferry - see http://www.stevens.edu/ for
details.

Thanks very much,

Andy

---------------------------------------

Andrew L. Russell, Ph.D.
Director, Program in Science & Technology Studies
Associate Professor, History
College of Arts & Letters
Stevens Institute of Technology
Hoboken, New Jersey 07030

t. 201-216-5400 || f. 201-216-8245
arussell at stevens.edu || @RussellProf
www.stevens.edu/cal/sts || www.arussell.org

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast