[isoc-ny] AfricaCROWD Edit-a-thon - Sunday 5/31 Brooklyn

ISOC-NY announcements announce at lists.isoc-ny.org
Mon May 25 12:03:57 PDT 2015

http://www.meetup.com/WikimediaNYC/events/222215694/

Join us as we explore Wikipedia resources for and about Africa and
Africans, including resources in English, French and African languages such
as Yoruba, Twi, Igbo etc.

Presented by Afri Diaspora, Yoruba Cultural Institure and AfroCROWD.

We will also get a brief intro to Wikimedia and Wikipedia and learn what
gaps exist about Africa and Africans in the largest online reference site
in the world and ways to use this resource to make communities more
digitally skilled and more knowledgeable about their culture, history and
languages.

RSVP on Eventbrite:

http://www.eventbrite.com/e/afrocrowd-afridiaspora-and-yci-present-africacrowd-tickets-16027888847

Agenda on Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/NYC/AfroCrowd/AfricaCROWD

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast